Here is a list of external sponsors of our laboratory. Their funding is much appreciated.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- CAREER: A Career Plan for Research and Education in Smart Materials and Structures (Award No. 0093737 and No. 0305027), as PI.
- Collaborative Research: Development of Multifunctional Nanocomposites with Engineered Carbon Nanopaper (Award No. 0620897), as PI at UH.
- Collaborative Research: Hysteresis Compensation Using Linear Parameter Varying Control Methods (Award No. 0602508), as Co-PI at UH.
- Develop a Smart Flexible Beam Experiment Using Piezoceramic Sensors and Actuators (Award No. 0442991), as PI.
- Develop an Innovative Interactive Smart Material Exhibit for Children's Museum of Houston (Award No. 0617664), as PI.
- Development of a Smart Vibration Platform Experiment (Award No. 0341143), as PI.
- NeTS-NECO: A Framework for Cooperative Active Sensing in Wireless Structure Health Monitoring (Award No. 0832089), as Co-PI
- NEESR Payload: Damage Detection of Reinforced Concrete Columns Subjected to Combined Actions (Award No. 0724190), as Co-PI
- Collaborative Research: Phase II Development of an Innovative Multi-functional Smart Vibration Platform (Award No. 0717860), as PI
- REU Site - Undergraduate Research Experience in Civil Infrastructure Engineering (Award No. 0649163), as senior person
- REU Site - Sensor Networks and Security Infrastructure (Award No. 755516), as senior person
- Ohio Space Grant Consortium (OSGC)
- Texas Space Grant Consortium (TSGC)
- Ohio Board of Regents (OBR)
- Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI)
- Ohio Department of Transportation via University of Akron
- The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
Micron Optics Inc.
- Micron Optics Inc. through donation of a Fiber-Bragg Grating Interrogation System
- OptiSolar Inc.